“After several misadventures with unreliable and unqualified website developers, working with Nik has been a breath of fresh air. He is professional, extremely knowledgeable and is quick to address any issues or concerns.”
Ken, Basically Me
Shop Basically Me is an online clothing store that sells to retail customers as well as wholesale customers.
The website is based on WordPress and uses WooCommerce for the online store. The store is customized to support both retail and wholesale products and ensures that only wholesale customers with a login can see & purchase wholesale products at wholesale prices.
Tower61 originally came on board to work on some performance issues – the website was running very slowly. Once up to speed we added some new features including:
- Mobile Optimization – customers can browse products and shop on their PC, tablet or phone with a seamless Basically Me experience across all platforms.
- Social Media Integration – beyond the usual social icons on the website each product also has their own social icons allowing products in the store to quickly be shared quickly by customers. Finally Tower 61 added support for Twitter Product Cards and Pinterest Rich Pins in order to better promote products via social media.
- Native Blog – to ensure customers stay on the Basically Me website we moved the blog from tumblr onto the website itself. When creating new blog entries links are automatically posted on Tumblr, Twitter, & Facebook making it easy to keep everything up to date and everyone informed.
- Product Tags / Recent Products / Related Products – the addition of these simple features help shoppers find what they are looking for and makes the site competitive with other much larger online clothing retailers.
- Infinite Scroll – no more clicking through pages of products, once you reach the bottom of the page more products are loaded automatically.
- Search Engine Optimization – Tower 61 took significant steps to strengthen Basically Me’s SEO to help grow this new online retail business.
- Google Merchant / Google Ads – Basically Me products are automatically taken from the website and published on Google Merchant making the products available inside Google Ads allowing advertising campaigns to be based around products as well as keywords.